Mars Rover Smart Brief Post - 2/21/2019

What's up guys! 

So this week I have a very personal and sad goodbye to say on my blog. The Mars Rover is officially the longest lasting robot ever, on another planet. It's incredible the amount of high quality data the rover managed too discover over the last 15 years. Helped us learn more about Mar's past which allows us to forecast the Planet's future.

The Mars over might go down in history as one of the most significant robots ever, if humans end up populating Mars. If people end up on the red planet, a big reason why it happened would be this small, seemingly insignificant robot. Everyone will forget it began a path and humans followed.

This is especially sad for me because I remember faintly the time period it was launched. It launched when I was about 6 and my little sister had just been born. I was crazy into astronauts and I remember getting some type of space model for my Birthday that year. The news of the abandoning of the rover is just sad cause its the end of an era and it just makes me feel old. Its a sad feeling but it is what it is. See ya later guys, and say your goodbyes to Wall-E jr. Rest in peace little guy...


Peace Out! 

-Vitty


Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/13/science/mars-opportunity-rover-dead.html 


Rest in Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Game of Thrones Exploitation Smart Brief Post - 3/21/2019

T-Mobile Smart Brief Post - 2/7/2019

Culture Smart Brief Post - 04/03/2019